Hey! This blog will become inactive because we have a new blog! http://beforethereign.wordpress.com/
So about halfway through Act I, I’ve come up with my plan of action (in order of events):
- Finish Act I (With basic battle engine, basic menu and placeholder images for the inventory, dialog box and quest box).
- Work on a better menu with the proper logo then re-release that for you.
- Work on a website to showcase the game (keeping this as a development blog obviously).
- Then I will work on creating a nice interface for the quest box, dialog box and inventory.
- After that I will spend time on improving the battle system while progressing into Act II on the side!
During this time, I will be updating the to-be website, this blog and our facebook page! Stay tuned :)
Hey, just a little update, Act one is being worked on and will be uploaded when complete! As an estimate, I’d say it’ll be done in about a week or two as to be able to polish it all off and make sure that it’s good.
As for the battle system, in this demo it will be the same basic one, as work will be on that after the first act is complete!
The story we’ve been working on is quite impressive! We have a few good twists and turns and I can’t wait to start putting this into the game! :) While I don’t want to give too much away, I can say that the story has twelve acts and I will also give you the names of these!
Act I - Growing up; Act II - The road to power; Act III - The road to power (cont.); Act IV - Demons?; Act V - Repossession; Act VI - De je vu; Act VII - Relic time!; Act VIII - Homecoming; Act IX - To war!; Act X - An end; Act XI - Awoken; Act XII - Eternal dream.
One more thing I’ll give out are the character names: Jared (the hero), Viggi, June and Kayla.
Hey! At the moment, I’m designing a background and sidebar for the blog, so that it will no longer be blank! This should be up by the end of the weekend, just need to recreate the logo, make some cool text and BAM! We’ll some pictures for the blog :D